Translate

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Working Away at New Knitting Kits

I've been working away on some new knitting kits that I will be putting on my KnittingGuru site. The Hip Denim Blue Shrug is now available in kit form and I am excited to say that I FINALLY found a good bag to put the kits in. It's very heavy weight and glossy silver with a thick silver rope handle. I found it in a crazy little store in NYC after searching online for months. This is a sturdy bag and really nice looking, too. I now have KnittingGuru Labels for the bags.

I also found a great little gold mesh bag to put my new mini-kits into. I will post some photos soon. Right now, I need a break from a whole day spent writing out pattern instructions and putting together the booklets that go with the kits. This blog is all about working as a knitting designer. Well, design is just one of the multiple hats I wear, and shopping for good looking bags to put my knits in as well as writing instructions is more time-consuming than you might think. Do I sound grouchy? Just tired, really.

Anyway, here's a preview of my new Multiple Personality Scarflette Kit:



Four colors, three finishes (beads, ladybug buttons, picots), and only one stitch. AND only one row to the stitch. What could be simpler or more fun to take on vacation in a gold mesh bag?

I will have these kits up on my website
KnittingGuru by next weekend. I hope you will check them out.

No comments: