Translate

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Wednesday, April 5th, 2006 - A Snowy Day of Introspection

I finally worked out some of the kinks in this blog and can now see how to post photos. This has been a crazy day with snow in April, a not-unheard-of, but rather unusual happening in New York. I spent some quiet time knitting a sample shrug in a wonderous yarn that is 50% merino wool and 50% microfiber - talk about silky! The yarn is a blue similar to jeans and will make a delicious covering for year round wear. I'm trying to decide whether to make it into a kit or just produce them for sale.

As you may have guessed, I am trying to turn my love of knitting into a vocation. Hence, my two knitting websites:
http://knittingguru.com
and
http:// burrybabies.com

The Burry Babies site needs some major overhaul which I am working on. It should be vastly improved within the month. KnittingGuru is working out well, except I MUST get shopping carts on the site soon. It's really fragmenting to try to do all of this alone - designing, web-design, marketing, publishing, as well as updating the site weekly with new Knitting Tips. Whew!

Anyway, I'm not complaining because I love it! Here are pictures of my favorite Knitting Kit so far. It's called Mango Fizz Scarf:




Would you believe that there's only one pattern row in this scarf? My aim is to present well-designed scarves that newish knitters can make to get away from doing garter stitch all the time. So far, the inexperienced knitters who have bought these are doing well according to their emails. They are promising to send me photos of the finished scarves and I can't wait to see them.

I will sign off for now, but next time I really should give a little history of where all of this is coming from and my background.

No comments: