Translate

Monday, July 01, 2013

Firecracker Necklace for the 4th of July

Are you getting ready for the 4th of July? I made this Firecracker Necklace to celebrate this year.


The necklace is a graduated series of curlicues on a choker base. I made it with a shiny red rayon (bamboo) thread and added an appliqued gold metallic chain around the base. The necklace fastens with a vintage button from the 1960s. 

I've made this style before and it's firm and durable - made to last for decades. It's lightweight and fun to wear all year. Since it looks like firecrackers to me, it's especially nice for celebrations. 

If you crochet, please let me know by your comments here if you'd like me to create a PDF pattern for this one and I'll add it to my TO DO list!

The necklace is available in my Etsy shop.

No comments: